[LinuxBIOS] CN700/VT8237RP support needed. Will pay.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Mar 29 20:19:57 CEST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:58:42AM -0700, Magnus Feuer wrote:
> There have been a few takers. I will follow up on them today.
>
> One question about a VIA NDA: If we sign an NDA with VIA in order to
> obtain specs and developer docs, will we not be prohibited from
> releasing the finished LinuxBIOS port under GPL since the source would
> show the secrets covered by the NDA?
>
> /Magnus F.

If it's from the datasheet only, then there is no problem with the NDA
documents i've seen (but never signed). VIAs Linux NDA addendum only
prohibits redistribution of (only) GPLed code VIA handed to you directly
but hasn't made generally public (yet). It therefor directly forces you
to breach the GPL.

Daft, clueless, useless and will probably not stand in court.

A typical example of VIA stupidity.

Luc Verhaegen.
http://unichrome.Sf.net/