[LinuxBIOS] CN700/VT8237RP support needed. Will pay.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Mar 29 22:42:31 CEST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:20:59PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Why is that? The GPL requires you to pass the sources to the users of
> GPLed binary code on their request. There's no need to make source code
> generally available.

:) How should i know. This is VIA.

They also made it GPL specific. Under that linux addendum of theirs,
you're allowed to do everything you want with any other free software
license.

That suggests that this is plain stupidity and that the people who wrote
that document were told some very superficial things about the GPL, and
set out to mitigate its main directive.

> I can't confirm this at all. VIA has been extremely helpful and
> absolutely unproblematic in NDA and IP questions where coresystems was
> involved.

Right, the times i was handed an nda directly i always got handed both
standard documents. The NDA itself pretty much tells you you're not
allowed to disclose anything, the addendum tells you that you're allowed
to disclose everything, except that bit with gpled code VIA handed you
directly.

Luc Verhaegen.