[LinuxBIOS] CN700/VT8237RP support needed. Will pay.

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Mar 30 00:19:33 CEST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 02:58:28PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> I have, erm, acquired the vt8237r datasheets

I would strongly like to ask everyone to refrain from using any
knowledge gained from documents that they do not have a legal
right to read, at least while working with LinuxBIOS.

LinuxBIOS' reputation among vendors would suffer greatly from even a
single incident if the relevant agreements were not in order with the
vendor before acquiring documentation.

This kind of mistake is even more undesired, unneccessary and uncool
when the vendor is willing to work with us, as my impression is for
VIA.

We would only be hurting ourselves.

Worst case scenarion:

Vendor Exec: "If they can't even do it with VIA who practically give
away their docs, why should we even give them half a chance?"

//Peter