[LinuxBIOS] ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (K8, CK804, IT8712)

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Mar 30 17:58:03 CEST 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 03:51:58PM +1100, David M Barr wrote:
> Hi,
> Attached are dmidecode and lspci -t/n/v  output for my system, which has the
> same MB as Adrian's.
> Since he has the tools, can anyone provide tips on how to get started?
> Regards,
> David M. Barr
>
> On 19/03/2007 12:06:43 am, Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the info! I did find out that all chipsets are supported. I
> bought myself a Bios saviour and I have all the other hardware one
> needs. I just had little time playing around with it the last two weeks
> but I want to start looking into it again, that's why I wanted to ask if
> you had made some progress.
>
> I am not quite sure where to start but I found a motherboard [1] that is
> quite "similar" to ours: Sun Ultra40. It has the same North- and
> Southbridge; SuperIO is different though. Would you know where to go
> from here?

I suggest you checkout LinuxBIOSv2, then patch the Sun Ultra40 target
directly until you get it to work (it's easy to see what you changed that
way -- just do 'svn diff').

Then we can create a new mainboard directory and target etc...

What's the Super I/O? That should be the first thing to add. You need it
for serial output.

Edit src/mainboards/sunw/ultra40/auto.c and change the Super I/O which
is used there.

You also might need to change targets/sunw/ultra40/Config.lb to match
the size of your ROM chip and the payload etc. etc. There are other
things you'll probably need to change.

Start with the Super I/O, then report back to the mailing list and we'll
try to help...

Uwe.