[LinuxBIOS] Opinions needed: CN700 graphics support

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat Mar 31 06:32:51 CEST 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 12:06:30AM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> Okay, I understand no one has done this, so I'm looking for your
> best speculation. What are the chances of the VGA rom for the CN700
> either loading correctly or working with the hacks used on the
> vt8623?

What hacks?

> I'm talking about full X server support, with the crappy
> Via drivers (since Luc's don't support it).

I'd say chances are good, but it may need some help underway. At some
point LANL initialized a stack of different graphics cards with
onboard ROMs but lately there have been some problems with x86emu.
(Maybe that's just in v3?)

You could get burned if the VGA BIOS requires lots of special
interrupt services only in VIA's BIOS, then they have to be
re-implemented in x86emu.

Go for it and see if it works. :)

//Peter