[LinuxBIOS] [patch 0/4] AMD Geode LX support for LinuxBIOS

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Wed May 2 00:48:27 CEST 2007

Hello LinuxBIOS Community,

My name is Marc Jones and I work for the AMD embedded group. Jordan
Crouse and I have been working with Ron Minnich on a Geode LX LinuxBIOS
implementation for the AMD Norwich development platform. The Norwich
platform should be a good starting point for all current and future
Geode LX platforms.

Our implementation has been split into four patches: cpu, northbridge,
southbridge, and mainboard. All four are required to build the Norwich
platform. Ron and I expect this to break the current OLPC mainboards. We
will work on fixing then soon (Note that OLPC went from GX to LX so an
update was required regardless).

In addition to the patches you will need the Geode LX VSA binary that is
located here:

http://www.amd.com/files/connectivitysolutions/geode/geode_lx/lx_vsa.36k.bin.gz

You might find it helpful to use BuildROM to build the Norwich platform.
BuildROM builds LinuxBIOS, builds a payload (etherboot, filo, or
memtest), and bundles in the LX VSA to make one ROM image. Jordan Crouse
will be sending out patches and instructions for buildROM soon.

I look forward to working with you all.

Marc