[LinuxBIOS] License header for src/cpu/amd/model_lx/cpubug.c

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed May 2 03:10:20 CEST 2007

On 02/05/07 02:48 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Hi Jordan!
>
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:05:03PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > This patch adds the common license header to src/cpu/amd/model_lx/cpubug.c.
> > The original authors are CCed, I would appreciate it if they would respond
> > to this email with their agreement.
>
> Thanks for posting these! Please use the common header format, though.
>
> I.e., email-addresses and names as "John Doe <foo at bar.com>", add the
> "Copyright (C) xxxx" for all entries. The year(s) must be recorded in
> all entries -- you might have to dig in the svn history to get them...

I put as much as I could glean from the svn history.  Again, I can't
really assign copyright automatically for somebody.  I will add
copyright information for any of the original authors if they ask me
to, though.

> Also, it would be nice to list one or more "real" persons from AMD as
> contributors of the code (they may not own the copyright -- AMD does -- but
> it would still be good to have the real author of the code listed
> with email address so we know who to ask questions etc.).

Most of this code was derived from our internal code base, with dozens of
authors - it wouldn't be really fair to single anybody out.  We would
prefer that everybody use the mailing list for questions - the current LB
developers for AMD will always be there.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer