[LinuxBIOS] Booting windows from LinuxBIOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu May 3 10:50:35 CEST 2007

* Al Boldi <a1426z at gawab.com> [070503 10:41]:
> Last I tried this, it felt just like another bootloader depending on a BIOS
> to bootstrap the machine.
>
> Are you saying it's more than that?

This depends on the specific implementation and a good hunk on
philosophy ;-)

There's a web server and graphical boot menu and lots other stuff in
OFW.

> Can it replace the BIOS?

Depends on what you expect from a BIOS. It can boot your OS, and on some
systems it knows how to initialize the hardware. On others it needs so
called low level firmware, ie. LinuxBIOS or U-Boot.

> Is it Vendor supplied with the specific hw?

What?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613