[LinuxBIOS] [patch 2/4] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:17:14 CEST 2007

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 02.05.2007 19:50, ron minnich wrote:
>> I am debating removing OLPC from tree; comments?
>
> Please don't. I still hope we can offer LinuxBIOS as an alternative
> for shipped machines.

Yes. Please don't.  The OLPC will have a long life and just because we
use OFW only as the firmware doesn't mean full LinuxBIOS ports won't
happen.

> C ist so much easier to learn and write than
> Forth.

I disagree with you quite violently. I learned forth in about 2 days.
Its a trivial language. Openfirmware is a bit more complex due to the
massive library it has but still far below the learning of _anything_
associated with Linuxbios.  At least OFW is documented. (TROLL)  But
lets keep language religion to a minimum.

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com