[LinuxBIOS] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu May 3 18:01:23 CEST 2007

On 03/05/07 08:52 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> let me say it differently. I think if we want to target OLPC, we ought
> to do it from V3, not V2. I'm still in favor of dropping the current
> code and forcing a 'rework' of the code.

To me, the current OLPC code is the worst possible example of a Geode
port we have.  I feel comfortable saying that because a bunch of that
hack job is mine.

I have no problem at all with somebody porting V3 to work on the OLPC -
I hope they do it for every Geode platform they can get their hands on.
But perpetrating iffy code that will never be used in production for a board
that will never *be* in production to me is silly.  Lets stop giving people
the wrong impression and lets stop leaving a poor example of platform
support around.

Very few LinuxBIOS developers have platforms, and those that do are too busy
trying to get the production image ready to go to worry about any side
hobbies.  I'm confident that by the time enough people have the platform
to make a LinuxBIOS port useful, then V3 will be solid, and we'll have
dozens of good Geode examples under our belt to choose from.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer