[LinuxBIOS] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:20:14 CEST 2007

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> I have no problem at all with somebody porting V3 to work on the OLPC -
> I hope they do it for every Geode platform they can get their hands on.
> But perpetrating iffy code that will never be used in production for a board
> that will never *be* in production to me is silly.  Lets stop giving people
> the wrong impression and lets stop leaving a poor example of platform
> support around.

If we remove code from the LinuxBIOS tree bases on this criteria then we
end up dropping half the tree.  This is not something unique to the OLPC
and GX.

Case in point. The 440bx stuff.  Its long since dead. V1 even. But guess
what?  Its currently the only reference we have for a working 440bx
Linuxbios setup and currently getting heavily reviewed to make the V2 work.

Don't make working with the tree any harder than it already is. If we
drop code then for someone to go look at the olpc stuff they will have
to figure out what revision of the tree had the olpc stuff and check
that out.

Lets concentrate on working on the code rather than just increasing our
admin load.

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com