[LinuxBIOS] [patch 06/10] Geode LX: CPU

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Fri May 4 03:34:14 CEST 2007

One comment on your comment:

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 12:15:54PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
>> - *	CPUbug784
>> - *	Bugtool #784 + #792
>> - *	Fix CPUID instructions for < 3.0 CPUs
>> -
>> -void bug784(void)
>
> And what about all these bug functions?

I am not quite sure what your question is. GX had some bugs where
register settings were used as workarounds (as does every processor).
The first LX port blindly copied all of them and "#if 0"ed the function
that called them. Marc did the proper thing, and cleaned it up to only
have the workarounds required for LX. If you are asking what those
issues are, you can read the Errata document for Geode LX. You can get
it on the AMD Geode developer's website.