[LinuxBIOS] AMD Geode LX support for LinuxBIOS

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun May 6 18:00:12 CEST 2007

On 06/05/07 11:45 +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Peter Stuge <stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org> [070505 02:27]:
> > > But that is the same with or without VSA, is it not?
> >
> > With a VGA VSM vesafb could be used.
>
> I thought vesafb requires bios callbacks?

It does.  But why use vesafb, when you can use a native Geode framebuffer?
Its faster, it can handle non VESA modes, and it understands how to power
down the system much more efficiently.  Plus, we have the potential to
accelerate the drawing functions, which is a plus when you get up to very
large dimensions like 1940x1600.

Jordan