[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom --layout fails badly

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Tue May 8 21:11:04 CEST 2007

I'm also curious about the incrementing addresses it displays.  When
using a layout file, I'd expect it to skip certain addresses, or start a
new line when starting/stopping each range, perhaps like

Programming (segment name) 0x000100 (increments a number of sectors)
Done programming (segment name) 0x001f00
Skipping blank area 0x2000
Done skipping blank area 0x2fff
Programming (other seg name) 0x3000
Done programming (other seg name) 0x3fff
Skipping (another seg name) 0x4000
Done skipping (other seg name) 0x4fff

etc.  just getting my thought down before it goes away again.

Cheers,

Jeremy