[LinuxBIOS] QEMU target cleanups

roger roger at eskimo.com
Wed May 9 22:29:35 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:49 +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070509 10:30]:
> > Drop debug.c and failover.c from the QEMU target as they're not used and
> > not useful there.
>
> Should it not rather be fixed? Since LinuxBIOS is not useful on Qemu per
> se, but only an educational target, we should not drop the stuff that we
> call our selling points.

Agreed. I wouldn't call it specifically a selling point.  It's more
educational, for me anyways, seeing how LinuxBIOS should act as I've
never had easy success with my motherboards & early_serial/console_init.

Setting LinuxBIOS to boot Filo to boot Qemu, taught me also how Filo.elf
works, etc.  (I now know what I should expect to happen with my
motherboards here... neither have gotten past elfboot yet either.)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Wed May 9 13:29:32 PDT 2007