[LinuxBIOS] What hardware are we using for LinuxBIOS now?

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu May 10 04:46:55 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:25:42PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> So, a question as framed by my subject: What hardware are we using
> for LinuxBIOS now? Are they specific flash devices that match the
> original? Or are the older DOC devices still supported also?

Better avoid DOC if possible, a "plain" flash chip is much nicer to
deal with. Generally it's possible to put at least 512kbyte (4Mbit)
on mainboards now, but some boards allow flash chips up to 2Mbyte in
size, which easily fits a kernel and a small system.

> And as it happens it just might be wearing a GEODE processor as
> opposed to the normal ones.

With AMD's great support I think a Geode LX board is the most
modern system you can find with LinuxBIOS that's a good fit for
an embedded system.

//Peter