[LinuxBIOS] Adding IGEL-316 mainboard

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Sat May 12 17:29:59 CEST 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 14:21, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Juergen Beisert <juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de> [070511 23:11]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > attached the patch to add basic support for the mainboard in a so called
> > IGEL-316 graphical terminal. I'm not sure who the original manufacturer
> > of this mainboard is. It is labeled with "WINNET100 VER: 1.1
> > (30-3130000-110)"
>
> Please dont put raminit into the mainboard specific code. It belongs to
> the northbridge code instead. Please implement this generic.

But how? Without access to the SPD EEPROM content, I need some way to define
board specific what kind of SDRAM is in use. And we need a way to consider
some board/layout specific things (delay values, load and so on). To setup
the SDRAM controller in a correct way we need all this info. And this info is
not generic!

Juergen