[LinuxBIOS] More support fixes for the IEI NOVA4899 board

Luis Correia luis.f.correia at gmail.com
Sun May 13 23:59:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

with the generous help from Juergen Beisert, I've managed to prepare a
much more stabler LinuxBIOS for this board.

It seems that my board is the only one that uses Winbond superIO for
the GX1 platform.
That does explain why some of the devices were just not working at all.

As for the IRQ routing nightmare, I've found a workaround by disabling
one of the 3 ethernet chips. For now, it seems there is no other way
of doing it, no matter how hard I try :(

It must surely be a hardware design fault. This problem also existed
with the original BIOS, but now, I can just disable the device and
live happily with it.

The changes are somewhat big, and I'll spend most of the following
days producing small patches to bring the board support up to speed.

What i'm seeking now is how to send these patches, one by one to the
mailing list, or opening tracker issues for them?

Thanks for listening,
Luis Correia