[LinuxBIOS] SPD Logical and Physical Banks

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue May 15 22:47:23 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:24:26PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > I'll post a draft soon, so that people can see which functions are
> > affected. This needs an abuild-run and tests on a bunch of different
> > hardware targets to make sure nothing breaks...
>
> Well, if you want to compare notes at all, I've attached my raminit.c
> (the file, not a patch).

Oh, that's fine. Those were not the sort of SPD functions I was talking
about, we didn't duplicate any work :-) Your functions merely _use_
SPD functions (or spd_read_byte/smbus_read_byte per se), if at all.

I posted a draft patch of my SPD refactoring stuff for preliminary review...

> If you could, please maintain the MODEL_440ZX
> stuff, as that's necessary for 440zx support. MODEL_440ZX will be
> defined in the mainboard auto.c, once this is all up and running, and
> those ifdef's are the ONLY differences between the two northbridges.
> However, there's no way to detect the difference at runtime that I can
> find, so a define is the only real way.

Hm, why is that? Don't they have some sort of different IDs we can read
from some register?

But if that's not possible, a #define is fine too, IMO. It's great that
you planned for merged code beween 440BX/ZX/FX/etc.

Maybe we should rename the 'i440bx' directory to 'i440xx' later to make
it clear that (later) multiple chipsets will be supported?

Uwe.