[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom - Directory structure consideration

MARTIN WOODHOUSE hokusai at btinternet.com
Fri May 18 14:07:07 CEST 2007

Hello Darmawan

  May I request -- quite urgently -- that if at all possible you make this
  proposed "Windows Flash Rom" boot into MSDOS as well?

  XP, I know, doesn't support MSDOS; but if you do not also allow a boot
  into MSDOS, the XO will be,missing a truly enormous opportunity as an
  educational tool.

  Cheers,  Martin Woodhouse

Darmawan Salihun <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi all,
Right now, I start laying down the infrastructure for the Windows
version of flashrom utility, i.e. the kernel mode driver and the very
basic user mode application. Because this version of flashrom will be
quite different in terms of code due to inherent differences between
Linux/other Unix and Windows, I think it's better to put it as a
"branch" of the flashrom directory. I'm still thinking about the way
to incorporate the flash chip and motherboard support in as seamless
way as possible so that every newer chip/motherboard support will be
merged easily. In the mean time I need the information on how to commit
the code once I have a tested version of the Winflashrom.
Anyway, I wonder how the qa (Quality Assurance / auto build, etc.)
system will handle a windows version source code :-? especially the
header files.

Regards,
Darmawan