[LinuxBIOS] IRQ problem

Thomas Ekstrand thomas.ekstrand at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:31:57 CEST 2007

2007/5/24, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>:
> * Thomas Ekstrand <thomas.ekstrand at gmail.com> [070524 13:46]:
> > I have trouble getting some Interrupts. I have used getpir to create a
> > irq_tables.c but I get a warning message during startup:
> > "Inconsistent IRQ routing table size (0xd0/0xc0)"
>
> You also need to tell the number of pirq entries in Options.lb

That was a minor annoying issue, glad to be gone with! :) thank you!

But the main issue still remain, I don't get any interrupts from the
network interfaces!
what have I done wrong?

> > linuxbios also fail to map the tg3 net interfaces through MSI which
> > the standard bios does, but it maps the intel net interfaces through
> > MSI... how come?
>
> Standard bios uses ACPI for IRQ configuration.

Yes, but how can I get linuxbios to map the tg3 i-faces through MSI as well?
are they different from the intel ones because they're integrated or something?