[LinuxBIOS] secondary cpu question

Baski kbaski at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 07:05:27 CET 2007

I have a question on secondary cpu exploitation.
  At the end of secondary_start(), I'm not issuing 'stop_this_cpu' to apic_id 1.  So this second
  core is still up and running.  Just before jumping to elfboot, I want to run a small code, say,
  'while(1){send a char to com1 port}' on this second core and let the BSP load and run linux.
  the secondary eip is still valid.  I'll not show this core in mptable(thanks 2 Dr.YH).
  Any help is greatly appreciated.
  Thanks - Baski

http://mail.yahoo.com