[LinuxBIOS] mptable util not working?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:06:40 CET 2007

joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Quoting Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:
>

>> On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:30:11AM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am having prolems with the mptable utility. I keeps telling me "MP
>>> FPS NOT found, suggest trying -grope option!!!". If I try the grope
>>> option it still spits out the same message. Am I doing something wrong?
>>>
>> Probably not, could be that your system doesn't _have_ an mptable.
>> Not all systems do. Which board are we talking about here? Is it multi-CPU?
>>

>> Uwe.
>>

> No single Processor, that's probibly why. It seems to contain alot of
> IO data though. I think this is my problem, CPU to IO doesn't seem to
> be communicating, and I thought the mptable might help. I'm
> stumped.... But Corey maybe able to help me figure this out very soon.
>
> Thanks - Joe

Yeah, there's probably no mptable on that system. Even if there was, the
data output by it won't compile unless CONFIG_SMP is set in LB (which
you really don't need, since it's not an SMP system).

Uwe recently sent in some fixes to the 440bx to help speed that up, you
should take a look at it. I think one of the issues was with the cpu.

-Corey