[LinuxBIOS] r2926 - trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/src/mainboard/newisys/khepri

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Nov 5 21:20:45 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:48:15AM +0100, svn at openbios.org wrote:
> This patch fixes the superio of the khepri 2100e as detected:
> > superiotool r2922
> > Found Winbond W83627HF/F/HG/G (id=0x52, rev=0x0d) at 0x2e

Just a small note:

Please don't trust superiotool entirely, it's better to cross-check with
sensors-detect and/or by actually looking at the board. Superiotool had
misdetection bugs in the past and may still have some left.

> -						chip superio/nsc/pc87360
> +						chip superio/winbond/w83627hf

OK, this is unlikely to be a bug in this case, it might happen that superiotool
misdetects the specific Winbond variant (I think such a bug still
exists at the moment), but misdetecting an NSC as Winbond sounds
unlikely. But please check the actual hardware if you can, just to be sure.

Uwe.