[LinuxBIOS] Problems with elfboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Nov 5 23:47:44 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 03:45:55PM -0500, Hanoi Santos Hung wrote:
> Hi :
> I'm working with this hardware configuration :
> North  : vt8605
> South  : vt82C686B
> RAM : 128 MB SODIMM
>
> I begin modifying the code from vt8601 and LinuxBIOS V1.0 version
> of vt82c686

Wow, 1.0 is really old. Was there no board in 2.0 that was similar to
your board? Perhaps one of the EPIA boards?

> and I have my system working until it tries to load the payload
> (filo). I think the problem was the memory, but
> ram_check(0x00000000, 0xA0000);
> ram_check(0x00100000, 0x8000000);
>
> works perfectly,

ram_check() is a _VERY_ simplistic memory test, RAM is not
neccessarily working properly just because it does not fail.

Please try to use memtest86 as payload before FILO or anything else.

> another symptom : when the board make a cold start it
> freeze at "Jumping  to  LinuxBIOS".
>
> I'll apreciate any help

Please send the full serial output you get from the board.

//Peter