[LinuxBIOS] serial port on GRUB
rmh at aybabtu.com
Sat Nov 10 21:30:27 CET 2007
With this commit serial port should work on GRUB now. Please can someone test
on real hardware and confirm ?
(note: you need to initialise it with `serial' command, then switch to it with
2007-11-10 Robert Millan <rmh at aybabtu.com>
* include/grub/i386/efi/machine.h: New file.
* include/grub/i386/linuxbios/machine.h: Likewise.
* include/grub/i386/pc/machine.h: Likewise.
* include/grub/powerpc/ieee1275/machine.h: Likewise.
* include/grub/sparc64/ieee1275/machine.h: Likewise.
* term/i386/pc/serial.c: Include <grub/machine/machine.h>.
(serial_hw_io_addr): New variable.
(serial_hw_get_port): Obtain port address from `serial_hw_io_addr'
instead of `(unsigned short *) 0x400'.
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
More information about the coreboot