[LinuxBIOS] Setup of Memory Controller

Linux Bios linux.bios at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 20:16:38 CET 2007

Thanks Ron, I'm from the Air Force Institute of Technology in Ohio. I admit I am very simple minded. I am unable to see where I would change the routing in early setup. So far I have found myself in

src >> northbridge >> amd >> amdk8 >> raminit.c

This appears to be where northbridge is setup and where I would route memory requests to my memory conrtoller. However it looks to be coded by node_id. My FPGA would not be recognized necessarily as a node because its not an opteron. right?

Am I over thinking this? Where would I route all memory requests from socket
0 to socket 1?

Thanks for your help.

nate

ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote: modify linuxbios early setup to route all memory requests from socket
0 to socket 1. Bypass (i.e. skip)  memory setup code.

I don't think it's too hard.

intriguing project. Where are you from?

ron