[LinuxBIOS] DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR superiotool & lspci.

Jerome Ibanes jibanes at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 21 20:28:53 CET 2007

Uwe, Ron & List,

> Jerome, can you try two things on the board:
>  - Only use _one_ DIMM (if you used more for the first test), AFAIK
>    there are some issues with multiple DIMMs, but I'm not sure yet.

That's what I had in mind, I will proceed accordingly and report my
findings to the list.

>    Also check the population rules in the board manual, not all slots
>    are allowed.

No, I believe that might be fine as all the memory sticks are identical
and perfectly working with the original bios. Please note that I have
4x512MB sticks on this motherboard, which is therefore fully populated.

>  - Try a different DIMM (different speed settings, vendor, whatever).

Again, I doubt this is the issue, but I will certainly try.

> Also, please change all '#if 0' lines in cache_as_ram_auto.c to '#if 1'
> in order to enable more debugging output which might be useful, and
> repost the updated minicom log then.

Very well, I will also include the memory type I am currently using.

Thanks,
Jerome Ibanes