[LinuxBIOS] flashrom fails on GA-M57SLI with 1MB ROM

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Wed Nov 21 23:07:27 CET 2007

Hi all,

today, I replaced the 512kB EEPROM on my GA-M57SLI by a 1024kB
SST49LF080A chip. Flashing of a 1024kB BIOS (after booting with
proprietary BIOS) works fine. After booting LB, writing with flashrom
fails. (If you rewrite the same linuxbios.rom and use '--verify',
anything looks ok, but if you write something 'new' on the ROM, the
verification fails. Reading the ROM content and comparing it with the
content written shows differences at the very end of the image.)

So the issue that has been solved for the 512kB LPC recently seems to
pop up again!?

Regards,

	Andi