[LinuxBIOS] It's always fun to watch the very first boot on real hardware :-) (This is on alix 1c)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:36:59 CET 2007

LinuxBIOS-3.0.0 Sun Nov 25 19:26:24 PST 2007 starting...
Choosing fallback boot.
LAR: Attempting to open 'fallback/initram'.
LAR: Start 0xfff80000 len 0x80000
LAR: seen member normal/payload/segment0
LAR: seen member normal/payload/segment1
LAR: seen member normal/option_table
LAR: seen member normal/stage2
LAR: seen member normal/initram
LAR: seen member bootblock
LAR: NO FILE FOUND!
LAR: Run file fallback/initram failed: No such file.
Fallback failed. Try normal boot
LAR: Attempting to open 'normal/initram'.
LAR: Start 0xfff80000 len 0x80000
LAR: seen member normal/payload/segment0
LAR: seen member normal/payload/segment1
LAR: seen member normal/option_table
LAR: seen member normal/stage2
LAR: seen member normal/initram
LAR: CHECK normal/initram @ 0xfff93b80
start 0xfff93bc0 len 5092 reallen 5092 compression 0 entry 0x00000000 loadaddre0
where is 0xfff93bc0

Well, it did not work, as expected, but a LOT of stuff had to work to
get this far ...

note all the LAR members are there. The initram is not working, as
expected, but hey ... I have a working one from v2, so we'll see how
it goes. What DID happen is we got through CAR.

Nice work, all you people who have been cleansing v3. I doubt it would
have worked this well without your contributions.

ron