[LinuxBIOS] Board support

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Nov 26 23:21:35 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 12:12:14PM +0100, Klaus Stammermann wrote:
> Hi
>
> The bios of my MINI-ITX board from VIA is booting too slow. So I am looking
> for an alternative bios and found this project.
>
> But my board is not listed at supported motherboard list. I am using an VIA
> EPIA ME6000G (NB CLE266, SB VT8235). Is it possible to run linuxBIOS on this
> board?

I think so, the components are supported AFAIK.

Please post the output of 'lspci -tvnn' and 'superiotool -dV' from the board.

Also, is your BIOS chip in a socket or soldered on the board? Please
also run 'flashrom -V' to check if flashrom supports your board (and
post the output here).

If you have a backup/spare BIOS chip you can try flashing the epia-m
target and see how it goes. Do _not_ do this if you don't have a
verified backup ROM chip with your original vendor BIOS!

HTH, Uwe.