[LinuxBIOS] v3: an interesting problem with initram

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 00:56:10 CET 2007

Hi carl-daniel, please see my other messages. I would prefer to have
lar parse the elf for the initram, as it is doing for the payload, and
in fact i'd like to get rid of binary blobs altogether. can you look
at my proposed modifications and see what you think? Unfortunately
they do replace the mods you are proposing in this message.

"I vote for the second choice, but that means we can't feed the lar
utility binary objects anymore without additional "entry" parameters."

Exactly. Let's get rid of binary objects.

I just read your second message on this subject, I am not really
comfortable with
this type of complexity in a makefile: `objdump -f
$(obj)/linuxbios.initram.o|grep "start address"|sed "s/.*0x//"|tr
"[[:lower:]]" "[[:upper:]]"`

Let's just do the right thing and parse the elf of initram.o. It
works. I had to make *0* changes to the lar create -- just hand it the
initram.o, and it all just worked! the first test of the change
involved adding just a few characters in the makefile!

thanks

ron