[LinuxBIOS] v3: convert stage2 to multi-segment LAR

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Nov 27 17:44:18 CET 2007

On 27/11/07 08:29 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 8:33 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I would abandon the use of .o naming in the LAR - that will drive
> > others (like me) off course thinking an object file is living in the
> > LAR, which is not the case.
>
> your summary is correct. And, we should change the name. Carl-daniel,
> suggestions?

I do want to emphasise that I really like this plan, it makes a lot of
sense to me.

For the filename, we could figure out a good way to add it to the .comment
section of the ELF - that could open up a new world of passing information
to LAR via the .o without the command line.  Or am I super double guilty for
invoking black magic?

NetBSD has a tool called mcs that does something simlar.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer