[LinuxBIOS] v3: convert stage2 to multi-segment LAR

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Nov 27 17:42:21 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 09:33:29AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> So call it what it is - a useful option to LAR to cut out the
> objcopy middleman.   Which is fine.  I'm happy with that.

It's even a bit better since the objcopy would destroy the entry
point.

> Also, I would abandon the use of .o naming in the LAR - that will
> drive others (like me) off course thinking an object file is living
> in the LAR, which is not the case.

The "object file" is now a subdirectory in the lar - blah.o/segment0

Perhaps too subtle in a new archive format? I think it's OK as long
as we have good docs for lar explaining why we've created it and how
it is supposed to work.

//Peter