[LinuxBIOS] flashrom support for AMD CS5536

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:51:06 CET 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 01:15:01AM +0700, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
>> I'm not sure if there is somekind of /dev/cmos in Linux. But
>> IIRC, there is a project that working on such a thing. I
>> just don't know where exactly it is.

/dev/nvram

dd if=/dev/nvram of=nvram.img bs=1 count=114

That rips a copy of the CS5536 nvram.  /dev/nvram skips the actual clock
registers.  So the byte indexes don't exactly line up with the indexes
you would use via port 0x70/0x71 IO.  Something to note when lining it
up with the docs.

Edit with a hex editor and flip the of= if= args to write.

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com