[LinuxBIOS] flashrom support for AMD CS5536

Alan Alexander alan at IceraSemi.com
Wed Nov 28 11:34:51 CET 2007

My stripped-bare Linux OS doesn't have the /dev/nvram node - presumably
it needs to be enabled when building the kernel?

It's not a problem though, I've put together a little program for
reading/writing the NVRAM area using the information from lxbios as a
basis.

One more thing though. I noticed that the flashrom code for the
Pm49fl004/2 chip uses a jedec chip erase sequence for doing erase.
Unfortunately, the data sheet says that this operation is only supported
in "A/A Mux mode". For FWH mode (which my IEI Nano-LX board seems to
use) and LPC mode, this operation isn't supported and you must use a
block erase instead. Do you think it's worth changing the code to
perform the entire chip erase via a sequence of block erases instead -
in order to give better compatibility?

Many thanks for all the help.

Alan

Alan Alexander          mailto:alan at icerasemi.com
Software Toolchain Engineering
Icera Inc, 2520 The Quadrant, Aztec west, Bristol BS32 4AQ, UK
Tel. +44 (0)1454 284805