[LinuxBIOS] Can't compile flashrom

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 28 16:46:37 CET 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 06:19, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:23:07PM -0800, Russell Whitaker wrote:
> > It's not libpci.a, it's a missing zlib package. It contains libz
> > and libz.so. In the Makefile the flags passed to the linker are
> > " -lpci -lz"
>
> Does the zlib package really contain a file called libz ? Where?
>
> Anyway, libz.so is the shared library and is no good here, you need a
> libz.a because flashrom is statically linked. (The -static option.)
>

> //Peter

I have both /usr/lib/libz.a and /usr/lib/libz.so, as well
as /usr/include/zlib.h.

Also, the little test program extracted from the Makefile doesn't use libz,
unless it's buried somewhere. But it's specifically the pci_alloc call from
pciutils that it refuses to link.

Shocky
--
These are my opinions. Get your own.