[LinuxBIOS] State of the buildrom

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Nov 30 01:31:54 CET 2007

On 29/11/07 13:58 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> jordan, for SiS we really need to get the point of having an
> normal/fallback LAB payload that runs in 2 MB, one MB for each one.
>
> how hard is this? Does buildrom do fallback in general? I thought it did not.

buildrom doesn't do fallback in general.  Technically its not very hard,
but it isn't very generic - there is a lot of platform specific thinking
that needs to happen, and that adds further complexity.  Especially if you
want to be able to turn it on and off by configuration.

But we'll add it to the list - its good to think about that kind of stuff.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer