[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a HP ePC C10 to speed up boot time

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:24:48 CEST 2007

giraut benoit wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to use linuxbios on a ePC C10 computer ?  it is using
> Intel Whitney 82810E that is supported now by linuxbios.
>
> The original bios take horrible long time to boot  (~13 secondes to
> get the HP splash screen).
> Do you think the linuxbios can speedup the boot time or it is a
> hardware problem ?
>
> Thx for your help
>
> benoit

LinuxBIOS has been ported partially to the 82810 northbridge, but the
work isn't complete. Video isn't working yet, and it currently takes
quite a while to boot. IIRC, the 82810E also has some very minor
differences, I'd have to look at the datasheets again to know for sure.
Once linuxbios is fully ported, it should work great. That's something
I'd like to get back to, but I currently have no time to dedicate to it.

-Corey