[LinuxBIOS] different versions of the GA-M57SLI-S4 (PLCC vs SPI)

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sun Sep 2 16:11:08 CEST 2007

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 11:08:16PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > Is the SPI flash connected to the sio on the m57sli?
> >
> > No idea.
>
> So we should find out.
>
> Ward - do you have a continuity tester?

I have a multimeter.

> Could you see if the SPI
> flash chip is connected to the Super IO?

They are about 5 or 6 cm apart.

I took some additional pictures of the area between the superio and the soic
chips. There's an unpopulated patch that is marked as 'SPI_EN' near the
superio chip - not sure if that is related. Looks like it would fit a
jumper or a 2 pin connector of some sort.

 http://ward.vandewege.net/m57sli_soic_detail.jpg

 http://ward.vandewege.net/dscn1656.jpg
 http://ward.vandewege.net/dscn1657.jpg
 http://ward.vandewege.net/dscn1658.jpg

> If I get a high-res photo of the Super IO and the flash chip area I
> can mark the pins that should be connected on both to get a yes/no
> indication.

Yes please :) Let me know if the pictures suffice.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>