[LinuxBIOS] UBoot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 20:11:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

while looking at the OpenMoko codebase, I noticed they are using UBoot
as their hardware init software. UBoot seems to be similar to LinuxBIOS
from a conceptual point of view, although it seems they target mostly
embedded and non-x86 systems, while we mostly target x86/x86_64 systems
where hardware configuration can be changed easily by the user.

Did anyone publish a comparison between LinuxBIOS and UBoot or is there
some mail exchange which I could read to learn about the relationship
between the two projects?

Carl-Daniel