[LinuxBIOS] buildrom: no-stack-protector for building LinuxBIOS (m57sli target)

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Sep 6 05:18:10 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 08:50:00PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Hmmm - buildrom should have already been taking care of this.  In
> script/build.settings, we do the kernel trick for trying -fno-stack-protector
> and set STACKPROTECT if it doesn't make it through, and that gets passed
> through to CPU_OPT in linuxbios.inc.   I guess maybe I need to overload a
> different variable?

Very strange, I just removed the -fno-stack-protector patch and it still
works, the CPU_OPT code is being passed through properly. But I definitely
ran into this a few weeks ago when I started working on buildrom. I'm not
sure what happened here; maybe I was working against an old version of the
code.

So; please disregard this patch.

I still have 3 final patches pending for this changeset; I'm trying to
clarify the licensing situation of the linux-tiny patches
(http://elinux.org/Linux_Tiny) before I post them to this list.

Thanks, Jordan!
Ward.

--