[LinuxBIOS] PATCH: add the pcengines ALIX1

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Sep 10 19:36:54 CEST 2007

ron minnich wrote:
> Partial diff attached, .... here are comments.
>
> Still builds.
>

> On 9/8/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
>
>> Add a license header, please.
>

>>> +#define POST_CODE(x) outb(x, 0x80)
>> We have a global implementation already.
>
> cache as ram is weird, I want to test this before I use the library.
> The library can do lots more than outb, what with serial post and
> timers etc.

I think we discussed this when the LX CAR code went in. I don't recall
the exact problem but I don't think that you can use the library
function at this point.

>>> +
>>> +}
>> Is this board-specific or chipset-specific? If the latter, it should not
>> be here.
>
> I am not sure. Marc?

I think that this was for:
/* Setup access to the MC for under 1MB. Note MC not setup yet. */

Yes, I think that routing to 1MB should be generic. I think you still
need the MSR function at that point for platform specific settings.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer