[LinuxBIOS] AMD 690G chipset support in LinuxBIOS v2

Rasmus Wiman rasmus at wiman.org
Tue Sep 11 09:20:07 CEST 2007

"Darmawan Salihun" <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I've grepped through the source code last night but haven't found
> code for board that uses this chipset. Is there any support coming
> down the road? I'm planning to buy a new system for BIOS experiments
> in the next few days. This chipset is a candidate for me. I want a
> chipset with onboard video and K8 processor.
>     I choose K8 because the datasheet for the memory controller is
> readily available. I'm open for any suggestion(s). Basically, I just
> want a system that can run Vista, support multicore processor and can
> be used for LinuxBIOS experiments (preferably without soldering stuff
> needed). Anyway, one further question: hot-flashing can be done on
> SPI chips as well, right?

I am thinking along the same lines. My primary candidate is NForce 430
since MCP55 is already supported. But that could of course mean
absolutely nothing at all. Just because there is working code for one
NVidia chipset it doesn't mean that code will be easy to adapt th the
430. But one can always hope. :)

/Rasmus