[LinuxBIOS] buildrom: LinuxBIOS payload Config.lb files

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Sep 12 21:37:49 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:31:28PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:12:29PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> > > Ward, can we get kernel and all in 1 MB at this point?
> >
> > Yes - busybox + 2.6.22.2 with tiny patches and most non-essential stuff
> > disabled. No kexec binary or boot menu.
>
> well! Good news. can you send me your .config?

I just checked it in; you can find it here in the buildrom svn tree:

  packages/kernel/conf/defconfig-m57sli

This is fairly specific to the m57sli-s4; make sure to change your sata/disk
and nic driver if necessary, at the very least. Also printk is disabled which
saves a lot of space, but makes debugging rather annoying. If you disable
module support you can enable printk and still have 25K to spare.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>