[LinuxBIOS] i82801DB PCI Bridge locking up

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Thu Sep 13 15:19:01 CEST 2007

Quoting Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 02:40:16AM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> I wonder if my nic needs the pci rom to get it going, and this
>> would solve the problem?
>
> The ROM would be used much later in the init process, so no, it's not
> likely to help. :\

After a few tests I found the problem. It is locking up on this line:

	pci_write_config16(dev, PCI_COMMAND, command);

It is trying to write to the CMD(0x04) register of the PCI Bridge.
Looks like it is trying to write 0x0141. Setting the SERR# Enable
(SERR_EN), Parity Error Response (PER), and I/O Space Enable (IOSE).

I have no idea why this would cause a lock up??? I doesn't on any of
the other devices?? Could someone take a look at the i82801DB
datasheet and tell me if I am missing something?? Sometimes two (or
more) heads are better than one.

Thanks - Joe