[LinuxBIOS] Epia MII, Compact Flash and device nodes

Markus Tornqvist mjt at nysv.org
Mon Sep 17 09:43:35 CEST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 12:28:42AM -0700, Russell Whitaker wrote:

>>The problem: I'm not seeing the cflash /dev/hde. It's found a-ok by
>>lspcmcia and pccardctl, as well as cating /sys (which is apparently
>>pretty much what udevinfo does as well)

>udev can be a bit tricky. You might check to see if the cflash is
>showing up as /dev/sda
>
>try: dmesg | more

I've been reading dmesg and tested sda, I should have mentioned that,
but that didn't help...

The yenta_socket is found tho.

It appears to be abstracted behind a cardbus whatever interface and
therefore it would probably need something extra to work, right?

There's still other mojo to try out, if I want to get creative, like
this devfs reimplementation I heard of (afaik a one-day hack probably
unsupported) if it needs to be in the kernel and whatever.

Needless to say, stuff like that is fetching from pretty far and I'd
much rather get it working any standard way :)

It would anyway seem that pcmcia ide stuff should Just Work,
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#example-usbcardreader
like with minor modifications.

But I couldn't get it running..

Cheers!