[LinuxBIOS] Enabling APIC

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:51:54 CEST 2007

I'm lost here, with the factory BIOS IRQs are handled through IOAPIC,
but it seems that LinuxBIOS keeps disabling it. I've got both ACPI
tables and irq tables (modified to be somewhat correct), and ioapic
should be enabled through the vt8237r. The ioapic base seems to be
right, and so do all the registers, but there's probably something I'm
missing.

What it pretty much boils down to is, what's required to set up
APIC/IOAPIC in LinuxBIOS? I've tried using both my vt8237r stuff
(originally posted here:
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-August/023553.html,
cn700 code has changed but vt8237r hasn't for the most part) and with
Rudolf Marek's vt8237r_lpc.c (here:
http://linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-July/023023.html). No
matter what I do though, LinuxBIOS pops up with this message just before
going to the payload:

Disabling local apic...done.

Full boot log, with info from the running system, attached. Any help
greatly appreciated, let me know if you need anything else!

-Corey