[LinuxBIOS] r39 - in buildrom-devel: config/payloads config/platforms packages/filo/conf packages/kernel packages/kernel/conf packages/linuxbios packages/linuxbios/patches

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Sep 25 16:47:18 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:36:44AM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 12:13:39AM +0200, svn at openbios.org wrote:
> > +# Debugging
> > +DEBUG_ALL = 1
>
> Do you really want this as the default? Should be a config option maybe
> and default to off (if all of this usually Just Works).

Yeah, that was leftover from debugging, I'll fix that.

> > +$(SOURCE_DIR)/$(KERNEL_SOURCE):
> > +	@ mkdir -p $(SOURCE_DIR)
>          ^
>    Why a space here?

I was just following the local coding style - packages/kernel/kernel.inc is
full of those spaces. What's our policy? I can submit patches to clean up.

> > +	@ wget -P $(SOURCE_DIR) $(KERNEL_URL)/$(KERNEL_SOURCE)
> > +
> > +$(SOURCE_DIR)/$(TINY_SOURCE):
> > +	@ mkdir -p $(SOURCE_DIR)
> > +	@ wget -P $(SOURCE_DIR) $(TINY_URL)/$(TINY_SOURCE)
>

> > ++  option CONFIG_COMPRESSED_PAYLOAD_LZMA=1
> > ++  option CONFIG_PRECOMPRESSED_PAYLOAD=1
> > ++  option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x17000
> > ++  option XIP_ROM_SIZE=0x40000
>
> Make all values readable as in 'xyz * 1024' please. Why should we
> obfuscate this stuff more than necessary?

That just came straight from the s2891 LB tree, but yes, I'll fix that.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>