[LinuxBIOS] retrieving MAC from romstrap

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Wed Sep 26 22:37:50 CEST 2007

Hi!

I just run through this piece of code in southbridge/nvidia/ck804/ck804_nic.c,

		unsigned long mac_pos;
		mac_pos = 0xffffffd0; // refer to romstrap.inc and romstrap.lds
		mac_l = readl(mac_pos) + nic_index;
		mac_h = readl(mac_pos + 4);

and can't understand what is this romstrap and why it retrieves the MAC from
it in runtime.  Is this some kind of legacy interface?  Wouldn't it be simpler
to just hardcode it during build?  E.g. see attached patch.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)